Dinner at La Tour celebrates 50 years of Mondavi wines, Dec. 8
If you go …
What: Wine dinner with Robert Mondavi Winery
When: 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8.
Where: La Tour Restaurant & Bar, 122 E. Meadow Drive, Vail.
Cost: $60 for dinner and an additional $35 for wine pairings.
More information: For reservations, contact La Tour at 970-476-4403.
• First course — Sea Scallop Pot Au Feu with Vietnamese aromas, paired with 2013 Robert Mondavi Winery, “Oakville” Fumé Blanc, Oakville, Napa Valley
• Second course — Vetta de Palma Loup de Mer, with fennel blood orange and phyto sauce, paired with 2013 Robert Mondavi Winery, Chardonnay, Napa Valley
• Third course — Roasted Hen of the Woods Mushrooms, with quail eggs, crispy leeks, charred carrot puree and foie gras sauce, paired with 2013 Robert Mondavi Winery, Pinot Noir, Napa Valley
• Fourth course — Colorado Lamb Loin, with green chickpeas, beets, preserved lemon and Harissa Fruition Farms Skyr, paired with2013 Robert Mondavi Winery, 50th Anniversary “Maestro,” Napa Valley
• Fifth course — Pineapple Tarte Tatin, with macadamia nuts, lychee and coconut ice cream, paired with 2014 Robert Mondavi Winery, Moscato D’Oro, Napa Valley
VAIL — Chef Paul Ferzacca and Roland Micu, Master Sommelier for La Tour Restaurant, will host Jose Fernandez IV, of Robert Mondavi Winery, for a special food and wine experience on Thursday to celebrate 50 years of Robert Mondavi Wines. Fernandez will speak about the wines from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., and a wine dinner and regular menu will be available all night, from 5 to 9:30 p.m.
Fernandez is the international ambassador and national director of sales for Robert Mondavi Winery Napa Valley. He is a native of California’s Central Coast, with 12 years of experience in the wine industry. Fernandez is an advocate for Mondavi’s vision of producing world-class wines in Napa Valley, California, and educating a generation of wine drinkers about the art of gracious living.
He is committed to ensuring that Mondavi’s vision and legacy are shared with a new generation of customers and consumers. At the same time, he is intent on broadening awareness about the winemaking and viticultural teams, innovation and vineyards that are the heart of the modern Mondavi winery.
Fernandez’s previous roles include harvest and crush crews at Blackstone Winery in Monterey County, on-premise field marketing manager for Bacardi in New York City and key account manager for Southern Wine and Spirits in Northern California. He has most recently returned from four years in London, where he served as the European Brand Ambassador for Mondavi winery and the Constellation Brands regional sales manager for Africa and the Middle East.
Learn more about Robert Mondavi Winery Napa Valley at http://www.robertmondaviwinery.com.