Eagle County, local town government offices closed for Thanksgiving holiday
EAGLE COUNTY — Eagle County offices in Avon, Eagle and El Jebel will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24, in observance of Thanksgiving.
The landfill and related facilities will be closed Thursday. The landfill will open early at 6:30 a.m. Friday with the Household Hazardous Waste Facility and Materials Recycling Facility opening at 8 a.m. The landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be open with regular hours on Saturday. All county offices will resume regular hours Monday, Nov. 27.
• Avon — Town of Avon municipal offices closed at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22, and will remain closed on Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday. Regular office hours will resume on Monday. The Avon Recreation Center will be closed on Thursday but will resume regular business hours on Friday, with the pool closing at 8 p.m. Transit services will operate uninterrupted throughout the holiday in Avon.
• Eagle — Town of Eagle municipal offices are closed Thursday and Friday. Regular office hours will resume on Monday.
• Minturn — Town of Minturn municipal offices are closed Thursday and Friday. Regular office hours will resume on Monday.
• Gypsum — Town of Gypsum municipal offices are closed Thursday and Friday. Regular office hours will resume on Monday. The Gypsum Recreation Center is closed Thanksgiving Day, reopening Friday, Nov. 24, at 10 a.m. The pool closes at 5:30 p.m. Friday, and the rest of the rec center closes at 6.
• Red Cliff — Town of Red Cliff municipal offices are closed Thursday and Friday. Regular office hours will resume on Monday.
• Vail — Town of Vail municipal offices, with the exception of the police front counter, will be closed Thursday. This holiday closure includes the parking pass sales office. The police front counter will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Regular hours for all other offices will resume Friday. The Vail Public Library closed at 1 p.m. Wednesday and will remain closed all day Thursday.
Emergency services are always available by calling 911. The county’s Road & Bridge Department will be on call at 970-479-2200 in cases of emergency, and the Sheriff’s Office telephone number is 970-328-8500 for non-emergencies.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
In Eagle County, the most commonly reported dead bird has been the Wilson’s warbler, which is yellow. Dead yellow-rumped warblers have also been a common sight.