Eagle County offering free homebuyer classes
The Valley Home Store is offering free homebuyer classes throughout the county over the next six months. Topics include the pros and cons of homeownership, basics in preparing a budget, the financing process, and the home purchase process.
Presenters will also provide information on owning property within a homeowners association, preventive maintenance and post-purchase budgeting.
Classes are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday, April 10 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.: El Jebel Community Center Mt. Sopris Room, 20 Eagle County Rd, El Jebel
- Tuesday, April 16 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Town of Gypsum Community Development Room, 50 Lundgren Blvd, Gypsum
- Wednesday, May 1 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Town of Eagle Council Chambers, 200 Broadway, Eagle
- Wednesday, May 8 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Town of Avon Council Chambers, 100 Mikaela Way, Avon
- Tuesday, June 11 from noon-2 p.m.: Town of Vail Public Library, 292 West Meadow Drive, Vail
- Thursday, September 19 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Town of Avon Council Chambers, 100 Mikaela Way, Avon
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions directly of lenders and learn about financing options available for both open market and deed-restricted properties.
These classes meet the prerequisites for all deed-restricted housing programs and down payment assistance programs offered within Eagle County. For more information, contact The Valley Home Store at 970-328-8778.
Tourism and outdoor recreation employ a lot of people, but those workers’ wages are below county and regional averages.