Eagle County, other local government offices, services closed Labor Day
EAGLE COUNTY — Eagle County offices, including the Avon and El Jebel satellite offices and the county landfill and related facilities, will be closed Monday, Sept. 3, in observance of Labor Day. County offices will resume regular hours Tuesday, Sept. 4.
The following municipal offices and government services will also be closed or unavailable Monday:
• Vail — Most town of Vail municipal offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 3, in observance of Labor Day. The Vail Public Library also will be closed. Regular office hours will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 4. Transit services will operate uninterrupted during the holiday. Also, the police front counter in the Municipal Building will remain open on Monday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Residents with curbside trash service are reminded to check with their trash removal company to determine if collection schedules will be affected by the Labor Day holiday. Town of Vail regulations prohibit trash and recycling from being left at the curb other than on the day of collection.
Regulations also require all properties to recycle on site, and all trash and commingled recycling (bottles, cans, and items that previously contained food) to be placed in wildlife resistant containers. For recycling assistance, visit http://www.vailgov.com/recycling.
• Avon — Town of Avon municipal offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 3. Regular office hours will resume Tuesday, Sept. 4. The Avon Recreation Center will be open during regular business hours.
• Minturn — Town of Minturn municipal offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 3. Regular office hours will resume Tuesday, Sept. 4.
• Red Cliff — Town of Red Cliff municipal offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 3. Regular office hours will resume Tuesday, Sept. 4.
• Eagle — Town of Eagle municipal offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 3. Regular office hours will resume Tuesday, Sept. 4.
• Gypsum — In honor of Labor Day the town of Gypsum offices and Public Works Department will be closed on Monday, Sept. 3. Trash service scheduled for Monday will be picked up on Tuesday, Sept. 4. Passports will not be processed on Friday, Aug. 31. Passport services will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 4, at 9 a.m.
The newly renovated Gypsum Recreation Center will be closed on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 3, and will return to its regular operating hours on Tuesday, Sept. 4. See page A4 for more information on the renovation.
Police, fire and medical emergency services are always available by calling 911. The Sheriff’s Office telephone number is 970-328-8500 for non-emergencies and the Eagle County Road and Bridge Department will be on call at 970-479-2200 in case of emergency.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
A Nov. 30 to Governor Polis and the Eagle County Commissioners from Beaver Creek Resorts Company – as well as the towns of Vail, Avon, Eagle and Minturn – requests a variance program which would allow businesses to remain open.