Eagle County Schools named Business of the Year at valley’s Success Awards
BACHELOR GULCH — The Vail Valley Partnership Friday held its 14th annual Success Awards, honoring the best of the valley’s business community.
Businesses are nominated for awards, and then a committee made up of past winners trims the nominees down to three finalists before selecting winners. The awards this year drew a packed house to the banquet room of The Ritz Carlton, Bachelor Gulch.
Over lunch and dessert, the previous year’s winners appeared on the room’s video screens to announce this year’s finalists.
Here’s a list of this year’s winners:
• Chairman’s Award: Mike Brumbaugh.
• Member of the Year: Laurie Mullen, West Vail Liquor Mart.
• Healthy Workplace Award: Town of Vail.
• Actively Green Award: American Plumbing, Heating & Solar.
• Best Place to Work: Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa.
• Community Impact Award: Gallegos Corporation.
• Tourism Professional of the Year: Magda King, Antlers at Vail.
• Young Professional of the Year: Beth Markham, Walking Mountains Science Center.
• Small Nonprofit of the Year: Education Foundation of Eagle County.
• Nonprofit of the Year: Bright Future Foundation.
• Small Business of the Year: The Bunkhouse.
• Business of the Year: Eagle County Schools.
For a list of all the finalists, visit http://www.vailvalleypartnership.com.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The tragic incident left a nearby camper wondering if more could be done to remove dead-standing trees from popular camping areas.