Eagle County Schools offer information for weather closures
Vail, CO Colorado
EAGLE COUNTY, Colorado – Eagle County Schools are advising parents about the procedures for school closures and delayed openings this year.
If weather conditions or special circumstances warrant the closure or delayed start of any or all of Eagle County Schools’ facilities, the following procedures will take effect:
• Eagle County Schools’ website (www.eagleschools.net) will list all changes/schedules affected by the closure/delayed start.
• The main Eagle County Schools phone number (970-328-6321) will include a recording detailing closure/delayed start information.
• Eagle County radio stations will be informed about the closure/delayed start and asked to broadcast the information repeatedly. Local stations include KKCH (92.7 FM), KSKE (101.7 FM), KZYR (97.7 FM), KNFO (105.5 FM), LIFT (106.9 FM) and KQSE (102.5 FM).
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• EC Alert will send out text messages regarding closures or delayed starts. Sign up to receive alerts at http://www.ecalert.org.
• Vail TV8 and Denver television stations will be provided the information to include in school closure/delayed start listings that appear on the bottom of the television screen.
• School buses will not operate.
• Before- and after-school programs are canceled.
• All activities scheduled in Eagle County Schools’ buildings are cancelled.
• School sports events and practices are postponed.
• Elementary school bus pick-up times are delayed one hour, with buses arriving at elementary schools at 8:50 a.m.
• Start times for all of Eagle County Schools’ elementary schools will be 9 a.m.
• Secondary school bus pick-up times are also delayed one hour, with buses arriving at middle and high schools at 9:25 a.m. Start times for all of Eagle County Schools’ middle and high schools will be at 9:30 a.m.
• Extra-curricular activities taking place that evening will be held as-is or canceled by 1 p.m. that day. Outside entities (such as the Vail Rec District) that provide after-school programs will determine if they plan to cancel events or not.
• Weather conditions in different areas of Eagle County can vary. It is possible that only certain schools will be affected by a delayed start schedule. Local media will advise parents about which schools are instituting a delayed start schedule.
• Early dismissal times will be determined based on weather conditions or other special circumstances and parents will be informed of the schedule in the manner detailed above.