Eagle County seeking help with Census
Eagle, CO Colorado
EAGLE, Colorado – Eagle County is seeking citizens to help with the 2010 Census. Members are being sought for a local Partnership Support Program Committee, which will assist in planning and implementing an educational campaign for Eagle County residents on the upcoming 2010 Census. All positions on the committee are volunteer.
The goals of the committee will be to encourage everyone to complete their questionnaires, reduce the undercount in Eagle County and increase the awareness of census activities. Activities may include:
• Discussions around the importance of 2010 Census participation.
• Displaying/distributing 2010 Census promotional materials.
• Planning event(s) around the mailing of census questionnaires in mid-March 2010.
• Encouraging completion/return of census questionnaires in March and April 2010.
• Providing space for 2010 Census “Be Counted” sites and “Questionnaire Assistance Centers.”
• Supporting the “Census in Schools” program.
Historically, Eagle County is undercounted, according to Kris Aoki, planner for Eagle County’s Community Development Department.
“By forming the Partnership Support Program Committee, we hope that everyone in Eagle County will understand the importance of being counted in the Census,” Aoki said.
Aoki said that this information will be used for the next 10 years to dictate funding at all levels of local government.
“It is vital that Eagle County and its municipalities have accurate numbers,” she said.
If you are a leader in your community and would like to be considered as a committee member, contact Aoki at kris.aoki@eaglecounty or 970-328-8752.