Eagle, Gypsum clean up on Saturday
Vail, CO Colorado
EAGLE COUNTY ” Saturday is community cleanup day down valley. Here are the details:
– Trash disposal: Residents may bring items to Dumpsters located at Eagle’s maintenance facility, 1050 Chambers Ave. (Note that Dumpsters will not be located in the Town Park this year.)
The Dumpsters will be available from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. Trash from construction sites is not permitted.
Senior citizens and disabled individuals can request individual pick up of disposal items by calling 328-6678 today.
– Motor Oil: The town operates an ongoing motor oil disposal station at the public works shop at 1050 Chambers Ave.
– Grass and tree limbs: Can be dropped off at the wastewater plant site on Violet Lane.
– Trash disposal: Dumpsters will be set up in the Eagle Valley High School parking lot from 8 a.m. to noon. Tires will be accepted from residents only ” no businesses. Curbside pickup will be offered for small items only.
Construction materials will not be accepted. Rather, these items must be taken directly to the Eagle County Landfill.
Batteries, chemicals, and flammable materials will not be accepted. Refrigerators accepted only with proof that freon has been removed.
– Motor oil: Use the recycle container at the town shop at 3297 Cooley Mesa Road.
Eagle County residents will now be issued a “Residential Clean-up Free Pass” up to 1,600 pounds of trash. If the weight exceeds the limit, citizens will be charged accordingly.
To qualify for a “Free Pass” citizens must:
– Be an Eagle County resident (no businesses)
– Provide two proofs of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, house payment receipt, property tax receipt).
For more information regarding this new program contact the Eagle County Landfill at 926-3626.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Case numbers for COVID-19 are rising in Eagle County, and just about everywhere else. To save the new ski season, Vail officials are taking new measures to slow the spread, limiting virtually all gatherings to…