Eagle: Residential-retail complex endorsed
EAGLE, Colorado ” A retooled residential-and-retail project on Chambers Avenue was approved Tuesday by Eagle Planning and Zoning Commission, which advises the Town Board on development proposals.
The project, proposed by Dantas Builders Inc., will be split into two areas:
Planning Area A
– Stores, offices, lodging, conference space, entertainment, restaurants and homes.
– Homes cannot be more than 50 percent of the building.
– No housing on the ground floor.
– Homes cannot be larger than 1,200 square feet.
– Building height will not exceed 42 feet.
– Maximum building height for a hotel is 52 feet.
Planning Area B
– Stores, offices, homes and a park.
– Buildings cannot be more than 35 feet tall.
– Residential unit size will not exceed 800 square feet.
An early version of the project was reject by the Town Board in January. The latest proposal will be reviewed by the Town Board.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
VAIL — The lift operator in the maze at Vail Village’s Gondola One tilts his head back and hollers: “Masks up please!”