Eagle-Vail fire may be arson | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Eagle-Vail fire may be arson

EAGLE-VAIL, Colorado ” The fire Wednesday at Maximum Comfort Pool and Spa was apparently caused by “human intervention,” perhaps arson, said Shannon Cordingly of the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office.

“Someone did something to start the fire,” Cordingly said.



Several hot-tub covers leaning against the side of the building caught fire, quickly spreading to sev-eral propane tanks and cars in the parking lot.



Witnesses said the fire grew in a matter of seconds, producing bil-lowing smoke that spread across U. S. Highway 6 and caused consid-erable damage to the east side of the building.

“( The fire) was tiny at first,” said Natalie Benson, who was walking her dog past the building. “It just hap-pened so fast. The flames got pretty high. They must have been a couple feet up past the top of the building.”


Support Local Journalism