Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting applications
January 3, 2017
EAGLE COUNTY — The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation has announced that it is accepting grant applications from nonprofit organizations in Eagle County.
Grants will be awarded to programs that promote literacy, reading and writing skills and programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas. Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, and recipients will be announced on May 1.
The fund will consider applications for grants requesting a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $3,000.
About the foundation
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awards grants to organizations that provide direct service to help with the implementation or expansion of literacy programs for children who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading. The foundation supports programs for preschool, primary and secondary school-aged children.
More than $374,000 in grants have been awarded since 2008.
Recommended Stories For You
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation was formed by the owners and founder of Swift Communications, which owns and operates the Vail Daily and http://www.vaildaily.com. Bessie Minor Swift was the mother of Philip Swift, the founder of Swift Communications.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season