Body of missing teen found
July 25, 2016
The body of missing Avon teen Mac Kelsall, 19, was found on Saturday in the river below where he and a friend were camping in Gore Canyon, Grand County authorities said.
Kelsall went camping with a friend to raft part of the Colorado River in Gore Canyon. They made their camp on a cliff, which Kelsall appears to have fallen from and into the water and could not get out. His body was found late Saturday afternoon and will be retrieved from the scene on Sunday, said Officer Dan Mayer.
More than 75 volunteers were out aiding authorities in the search for the missing teen. All of the volunteers were wonderful and could not have been more thoughtful or helpful, Mayer said.
The search has been ongoing since Thursday and was conducted by the Grand County Sheriff's Office, Grand County Search and Rescue, Vail Mountain Rescue and Bureau of Land Management.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019