Christmas tree recycling options available
December 30, 2014
Several opportunities exist for Eagle County residents to recycle Christmas trees or put them to good use after the holidays.
The towns of Vail and Avon will provide curbside collection of trees to town residents. Gypsum residents can dispose of trees by delivering them to the Gypsum Sports Complex parking lot. The town of Eagle will host a Twelfth Night celebration on Jan. 6 with a Christmas tree bonfire at the Eagle Town Park. The town of Minturn will host a Christmas tree bonfire on Jan. 9 at Little Beach Park.
Eagle Valley residents may drop off their trees at the fire station in Eagle-Vail or at the recycle site located at the Edwards rest area. Residents may bring Christmas trees to the Eagle County Landfill at no charge until Feb. 15. Roaring Fork Valley residents may bring their trees to the Pitkin County Landfill at no charge until Feb. 16.
Residents who choose to recycle trees or drop them off for bonfires should remove all lights, ornaments, stands, nails and wire. Recycled trees will be chipped up for mulch.
For specific information pertaining to your area, contact your jurisdiction: Vail at 970-479-2158; Red Cliff at 970-827-5303; Minturn at 970-827-5645; Avon at 970-748-4118; Eagle at 970-328-6678; Gypsum at 970-524-5024; the Eagle County Landfill at 970-328-3470; or the Pitkin County Landfill at 970-429-2880.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Edwards murder suspects want separate trials, prosecutors want them tried together
- Florida man’s lost ashes claimed by friend who’ll spread them in Vail’s Back Bowls
- After Lindsey Vonn falters, snowboarder Ester Ledecka pulls off stunning win
- Ledecka wins? What the fudge happened?