Colorado Bike to Work Day is June 24
July 10, 2015
Leave your keys at home and don't spend a cent to fill up the gas tank on Wednesday, June 24 — Colorado Bike to Work Day.
Local residents and visitors are encouraged to bike or walk to work that day and the ECO Trails Committee, along with local bike shops and other businesses, are supporting the statewide event by rewarding residents who choose to use bicycling or walking to travel to their workplace.
Volunteers will be hosting rest stops between 7 and 9 a.m. at the following locations:
Mayor's Park in Vail
Malin Pedestrian Bridge in Dowd Junction
Bob the Bridge in Avon
Recommended Stories For You
Edwards Corner in Edwards
Mountain Pedaler in Eagle
Eagle Valley High School in Gypsum
Visitors to the rest stops will be offered refreshments as well as free giveaways for making the effort to ride or walk to work.
Sponsors, donors and volunteers include the citizen's ECO Trails Committee, Pedal Power, The Sonnenalp of Vail, Town of Vail, Vail Resorts, Vail Recreation District, Westside Café, City Market, Town of Avon, Starbucks, Loaded Joe's, Northside Kitchen, Bonjour Bakery, The Village Market, Red Canyon Café, Town of Gypsum, Bella's Market and Heidi's Brooklyn Deli.
For more information, contact ECO Trails at 970-328-3523 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort