June 11, 2014
Name : Barb Schierkolk
Job : Part owner: Castle Peak Plumbing & Heating and Castle Peak Embroidery
Lives in: The town of Eagle for 22 years now
In high school I was … Friends with everyone and sang in a capella choir.
If I was a T-shirt, I would be (fabric, color, any print?) … C amo.
What's the best thing about your town? Even after 20 years of growth, the town still has a small town atmosphere. You can depend on your neighbors when you need them. We have a real since of community.
Recommended Stories For You
The best thing about my job is … I love making letterman jackets for the high school kids, we get to meet some very talented students and very proud parents. After a term on the Eagle County Board of Education, I get to meet students that have had success with the college credit program I had the opportunity to start with CMC.
As a kid, I always … Loved to play outside — kickball, baseball in the street, hide and seek after dark before the street light was installed; our light was everyone's porch light. When your porch light went off and on two times it was time to go in.
If I could be any superhero, I'd be … Wonder Woman only because I like her red, white and blue outfit.
If I was given a million dollars, the first thing I'd buy is … S omething our church needs. Then a vacation package to Alaska, I've always wanted to ride the Denali train.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon