County surveyor releases land survey plats online
October 29, 2014
The Eagle County Surveyor's Office has launched a new web portal allowing online access to land survey plats deposited with, and maintained by, the county engineering department.
Surveyors, engineers, planners, real estate brokers, title company representatives and other members of the public who frequently use the depository can now search and download land survey plats free of charge at http://www.eaglecounty.us/LSP.
Land survey plats show boundary lines, easements and rights-of-way for a property. They differ from subdivision and improvement survey plats, which are filed with the county clerk and recorder's office.
The surveyor's office completed the multi-year project in collaboration with the county's engineering and innovation and technology departments. More than 1,000 land survey plats were scanned and categorized as part of the effort, with new records added to the depository as they are received.
"The ability to browse and download these plats without having to visit county offices represents a significant increase in convenience for our customers," said Eagle County Surveyor Dan Corcoran.
For more information or for assistance in using the new portal, contact Staff Surveyor Kelly Miller at 970-328-3566 or at email@example.com.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Shiffrin says she’ll ‘keep it simple’ next season
- Lindsey Vonn finishes with final podium and sense of YOLO
- Vail, seeking an event to fill beds in May, to partially fund MMA at ice arena
- 8 places to party near Vail on St. Patrick’s Day
- Department of Wildlife: ‘Blast of winter-type weather’ likely led to uptick in mountain lion sightings