Eagle cemetery tour planned Oct. 8
September 21, 2016
EAGLE — Lizzie Hernage, the wife of an adventurous homesteader, drowned in the Eagle River in 1885 when a bridge collapsed as she was moving cattle over the Eagle River. Lizzie was the first person to be buried in Eagle's Sunset View Cemetery.
She now has plenty of company in the historic graveyard including miners, ranchers, community leaders and the victims of various tragedies.
Meet some of these early day characters and catch up on local history at the Eagle County Historical Society's Eagle Cemetery Tour planned Saturday, Oct. 8. Tours will feature local actors portraying some of the more notable cemetery occupants. Advance tickets are $15 for afternoon tours and $18 for after-dark tours. The price increases on the tour day. Sign up in advance at eaglecountyhistoricalsociety.com or call 1-800-838-3006.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail