Eagle fire chief finalists will be vetted Jan. 5
January 4, 2017
EAGLE — The seven finalists for the Greater Eagle Fire Department chief position will participate in a meet and greet session Thursday, Jan. 5 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Eagle Fire Station.
The public is invited to attend the session. Interviews with the seven finalists are planned Friday, Jan. 6.
The seven finalists for the job are:
Recommended Stories For You
William Mikel Kerst
The Eagle Fire Department launched the search for a new chief in late 2016 after its former leader, Kurt Vogel, was arrested in August. Vogel and his wife were charged with stealing more than $120,000 from the city of Sterling, where he was employed between 2010 and 2015. Vogel plead guilty to the charges in November and he will be sentenced in connection with the crimes on Feb. 8. He faces up to eight years in prison.
Kurt Keiser has been serving as interim fire chief since Vogel's departure.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019