Eagle fire chief finalists will be vetted Jan. 5
January 4, 2017
EAGLE — The seven finalists for the Greater Eagle Fire Department chief position will participate in a meet and greet session Thursday, Jan. 5 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Eagle Fire Station.
The public is invited to attend the session. Interviews with the seven finalists are planned Friday, Jan. 6.
The seven finalists for the job are:
Recommended Stories For You
William Mikel Kerst
The Eagle Fire Department launched the search for a new chief in late 2016 after its former leader, Kurt Vogel, was arrested in August. Vogel and his wife were charged with stealing more than $120,000 from the city of Sterling, where he was employed between 2010 and 2015. Vogel plead guilty to the charges in November and he will be sentenced in connection with the crimes on Feb. 8. He faces up to eight years in prison.
Kurt Keiser has been serving as interim fire chief since Vogel's departure.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack