Eagle launches search for a new town board member come September
August 5, 2015
EAGLE — For the third time in the past 12 months, members of the Eagle Town Board will be appointing a new member come September.
Luis Benetiz, who was elected to the board in 2014, is leaving Eagle to serve as the state's first director for the newly created Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office. Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper announced the appointment in June.
This week the town board discussed the upcoming vacancy and the process for an appointment. Beginning next week, the town will accept applications for the vacancy and the appointment is expected in September. Applications, letters of interest and resumed can be submitted through Aug. 30 to Eagle Town Clerk Jenny Ellringer and the application form is available on line at http://www.townofeagle.org. For additional information, applicants can contact the town office at 970-328-6354.
The appointment will last until the April 5, 2016, regular municipal election.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move