Eagle solicits letters of interest for board vacancy
June 25, 2014
For the second time in two months, the Eagle Town Board is looking to fill a vacancy. But unlike the first time around, board members want to follow a more formal procedure.
Last week, board member Brandi Resa announced her resignation. Tuesday night, the town board decided to appoint a new member rather than hold a special election for the seat, which will be up for a vote in the next municipal election planned in April 2016.
Earlier this year, the town board appointed Kevin Brubeck to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of member Joe Knabel. At that time, members did not formally solicit letters of interest for the vacancy. This time around, they are.
Anyone interested in being appointed to the town board to fill out the 18 months remaining on the vacant term is invited to submit a letter of interest. Letters can be emailed to Eagle Town Manager Jon Stavney at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is Tuesday, July 1.
The board intends to appoint someone to the vacancy at its next meeting, Tuesday, July 8. Members noted that board hopefuls should take note that an all day Eagle Town Board retreat is planned Thursday, July 10.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season