Flight Days offers fun for local teens
June 25, 2014
Summer hosts many big events for small town communities — Eagle Flight Days, Gypsum Daze and VailAmerica Days to name a few.
These events are fun for the whole family and they provide a weekend full of activities to bring people together. But teenagers are arguably the most difficult age group to please, so what can Flight Days offer for the teens of our town?
Eagle Flight Days has planned many events around this target audience. Matt Genelin, a senior at Eagle Valley High School finds that there are lots of things for teens to do at Eagle Flight Days. Genelin specifically mentioned karaoke, which he finds to be the most fun activity of the weekend. There are also concerts, booths and lots of great food to try. The talent show is open to teenagers — whether they compete or just go to watch friends.
Overall, Flight Days has become a welcomed tradition for Eagle's residents.
"I think it's a great way to bring all of the community together. Plus all of the tents and booths really show off how great our local businesses are," said Genelin.
Living in Eagle has brought many people, including Genelin, close to this event.
Recommended Stories For You
"It's awesome to see all the wonderful things that come out of such a wonderful town."
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first