Kathy Sue Smith1953 – 2016
August 24, 2016
Kathy Sue Smith, life-long resident of Gypsum, passed away on Thursday, August 18, at Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs. She was 63.
Kathy was born on August 11, 1953 to Wren and Juanita Eaton. She graduated from Eagle Valley High School in 1972. Afterwards, she made her life in the local community, where she raised a family, enjoyed the many communal and family events, and loved the serene mountain lifestyle. She was an exceptionally devoted mother and grandmother, a beloved member of the Eagle Valley community, and cherished by her family and friends.
She is survived by her three children, Erica Mosness and her husband Heath of Gypsum, Wren Bindley and his wife Angie of Aurora, CO, and Foster Bindley of Aurora, CO; grandchildren Jayden, Joel, Brenna, Alexandra, Avari, and Quinten; siblings Shirley (Pete) Nolan, Don (Gail) Eaton, and Danny (Deena) Eaton, all of Gypsum; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, Wren and Juanita Eaton of Gypsum.
A memorial service will be held at the United Methodist Church in Eagle on Saturday, August 27, at 11 a.m.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities
- Large climbing gym opens in Eagle County