Kathy Sue Smith1953 – 2016
August 24, 2016
Kathy Sue Smith, life-long resident of Gypsum, passed away on Thursday, August 18, at Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs. She was 63.
Kathy was born on August 11, 1953 to Wren and Juanita Eaton. She graduated from Eagle Valley High School in 1972. Afterwards, she made her life in the local community, where she raised a family, enjoyed the many communal and family events, and loved the serene mountain lifestyle. She was an exceptionally devoted mother and grandmother, a beloved member of the Eagle Valley community, and cherished by her family and friends.
She is survived by her three children, Erica Mosness and her husband Heath of Gypsum, Wren Bindley and his wife Angie of Aurora, CO, and Foster Bindley of Aurora, CO; grandchildren Jayden, Joel, Brenna, Alexandra, Avari, and Quinten; siblings Shirley (Pete) Nolan, Don (Gail) Eaton, and Danny (Deena) Eaton, all of Gypsum; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, Wren and Juanita Eaton of Gypsum.
A memorial service will be held at the United Methodist Church in Eagle on Saturday, August 27, at 11 a.m.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend