Petitions available for Greater Eagle Fire board
February 24, 2016
EAGLE — The Greater Eagle Fire Protection District will have two four-year terms and one two-year term up for election May 3.
Nomination forms are currently available for candidates interested in running for the open seats on the five-member board of directors.
Nomination and acceptance forms are available on request by contacting Kathy Lawn at the Eagle Fire Station located at 425 E. Third St. She can be reached by phone at 970-328-7244 or by email at email@example.com. Nomination petitions are also available from the district's designated election official, Debbie Braucht, at 28 Second St., Suite 213, in Edwards. Braucht can be reached by phone at 970-926-6060, ext. 5, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The forms may be picked up from both physical addresses Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Candidates interested in running have until Friday at 5 p.m. to return the self-nomination and acceptance forms to either point of contact. The form must be witnessed by a registered voter in the state of Colorado.
To qualify for the upcoming district election, candidates must be an eligible voter in Colorado, and must be either a district resident, own property in the district or be the spouse of a property owner in the district.
For information on registering as a Colorado voter, call the Eagle County Clerk & Recorder's Office at 970-328-8710.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort