Vail buses move to summer schedule on Monday
Town of Vail buses will transition from the spring schedule to the summer schedule beginning Memorial Day. All passengers will continue to be required to wear face masks, per federal guidelines. Other public health protocols, including capacity restrictions and social distancing, will apply as necessary.
The summer schedule, which will run through mid-November, will provide either 30-minute, 40-minute or up to one-hour service on most outlying routes during peak times and one- to two-hour service on most outlying routes during non-peak times. Returning this summer will be an extension of the in-town route to Ford Park via Vail Valley Drive, which will operate daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. as well as added frequency on the East Vail, Golf Course and Sandstone routes.
Here’s the schedule:
- West Vail Green loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 40 minutes from 6 a.m. to midnight with an additional bus at 2 a.m. if requested.
- The West Vail Red loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 40 minutes from 6:20 a.m. to 1:20 a.m. with an additional bus at 2 a.m. if requested.
- An East Vail bus will depart from the Transportation Center every hour from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. with 30-minute service from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. with an additional bus at 2 a.m. if requested.
- The Golf Course route will depart from the Transportation Center with the first bus at 7:40 a.m., and will continue hourly from 8:10 a.m. to 5:10 p.m. then every two hours from 6:40 p.m. to 10:40 p.m. An extra Golf Course route will run at 2 a.m. with the East Vail bus if requested.
- The Sandstone loop will depart from the Transportation Center every hour from 6:40 a.m. to 7:40 p.m., then every two hours from 7:40 p.m. to 11:40 p.m. An extra Sandstone loop will run at 2 a.m. with the West Vail Red route if requested.
- In-town buses will run every 7 to 10 minutes. Extension to Ford Park via Vail Valley Drive runs daily May 31 through mid-November.
For a complete bus schedule, call 970-477-3456, or visit Vailgov.com/bus-schedules. Also, express bus service will be running between Lionshead and Ford Park via the Frontage Road during peak event days throughout the summer. For details, visit VailEventParking.com.