Vail Daily obituary: Linda Carol Stephens Metcalf, 1954-2013
December 16, 2013
Linda Carol Stephens Metcalf, longtime resident of the Eagle Valley, passed away on Dec. 1.
Linda was born to Frank and Irene Stephens in Robbinsdale, Minn., on July 6, 1954. Linda attended elementary and high School in Robbinsdale. After graduating from high school, Linda attended college at the University of Minnesota and received a degree in elementary education. She moved to the Western Slope of Colorado in 1983 to teach in Cedaredge, where she met her husband of 30 years, Steve Metcalf. Linda and Steve moved to Avon in 1985 after she accepted an opportunity to teach at Red Sandstone Elementary School in Vail. Linda taught there for 10 years.
Steve and Linda were married in 1990. Soon after their marriage they built their home in Eagle and have called Eagle home ever since. Linda transferred to Eagle Valley Elementary School in 1995 and taught until 2003. Linda loved teaching the children, she loved to read and she loved to take care of her garden. Most of all, Linda loved volunteering at the Methodist church food pantry twice a week. She would help sack the groceries and give them to deserving individuals.
Linda is survived by her husband, Steve Metcalf; her mother, Irene Stephens; and her sister, Amy Jeane Stephens.
Linda's memorial will be scheduled later next year at the Beaver Creek Chapel.
Steve, Amy and Irene would like to say thank you to everyone for their prayers, love and strength. Peace be with you.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail