Vail Daily obituary: Linda Carol Stephens Metcalf, 1954-2013
December 16, 2013
Linda Carol Stephens Metcalf, longtime resident of the Eagle Valley, passed away on Dec. 1.
Linda was born to Frank and Irene Stephens in Robbinsdale, Minn., on July 6, 1954. Linda attended elementary and high School in Robbinsdale. After graduating from high school, Linda attended college at the University of Minnesota and received a degree in elementary education. She moved to the Western Slope of Colorado in 1983 to teach in Cedaredge, where she met her husband of 30 years, Steve Metcalf. Linda and Steve moved to Avon in 1985 after she accepted an opportunity to teach at Red Sandstone Elementary School in Vail. Linda taught there for 10 years.
Steve and Linda were married in 1990. Soon after their marriage they built their home in Eagle and have called Eagle home ever since. Linda transferred to Eagle Valley Elementary School in 1995 and taught until 2003. Linda loved teaching the children, she loved to read and she loved to take care of her garden. Most of all, Linda loved volunteering at the Methodist church food pantry twice a week. She would help sack the groceries and give them to deserving individuals.
Linda is survived by her husband, Steve Metcalf; her mother, Irene Stephens; and her sister, Amy Jeane Stephens.
Linda's memorial will be scheduled later next year at the Beaver Creek Chapel.
Steve, Amy and Irene would like to say thank you to everyone for their prayers, love and strength. Peace be with you.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- School Views: Proposed legislation will help Eagle County students, parents, teachers (column)
- A future without Fred
- France honors Colorado veterans of World War II
- Eagle County judge upholds approval of Tree Farm project in El Jebel
- Vail alpine coach Martin Bell shared the spotlight with Eddie the Eagle
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode