Early-morning chimney fire damages home in Edwards | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Early-morning chimney fire damages home in Edwards

Daily staff report
newsroom@vaildaily.com
A fire at a home on Gold Dust Drive in Edwards sustained extensive damage to its ceilings, roof and chimney after an early-morning fire Thursday.
Eagle River Fire Protection District | Special to the Daily |

AVON — Firefighters extinguished a fire at an Edwards home early Thursday morning.

At about 12:30 a.m., the Eagle River Fire Protection District was dispatched to a single family residence on Gold Dust Drive in Edwards for a report of a chimney fire. Crews noted heavy smoke from the street, and upon entering the home, discovered flames throughout the ceiling of the structure. The single occupant was uninjured and reported that the fire started in the area of the fireplace.

Crews immediately established a hose connection with the hydrant across the street, and were able to knock down the fire within 10 minutes. The home sustained extensive damage in the ceiling, roof and chimney area. Firefighters stayed on scene for almost three hours to overhaul the scene and ensure no hot spots remained that could potentially reignite.

Cause Unknown

The cause of the blaze has not yet been determined; however, it appears that it started in the area of the chimney flue.

Support Local Journalism

Eagle County Paramedic Services, the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office, Eagle River Water and Sanitation District, Holy Cross Energy, SourceGas and Vail Public Safety Communications Center also responded.


Support Local Journalism




Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User