Early-morning fire burns Vail condos | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Early-morning fire burns Vail condos

VAIL, Colorado ” A fire at a townhome complex in the Intermountain neighborhood of West Vail forced about 20 residents from their homes Thursday morning.

The fire started in a fireplace at the complex, the Camelot Townhomes on Basingdale Boulevard, according to the Vail Fire Department.

The resident of the unit where the fire started reported the blaze at 1:45 a.m. The fire then burned through a wall to another unit.



About 20 people were evacuated and taken to a municipal facility for the night. They were allowed to return to their homes at about 7:15 a.m.

Two units in the eight-unit complex remain uninhabitable. Other units had smoke damage.



Damage to the unit where the fire started is estimated at $50,000.

No injuries were reported.


Support Local Journalism