Early morning fire destroys West Vail home | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Early morning fire destroys West Vail home

Dustin Racioppi
dracioppi@vaildaily.com
Vail, CO Colorado

VAIL, Colorado ” An early morning fire in West Vail has left eight of the home’s tenants displaced and an estimated $500,000 to $750,000 in damages, according to Vail Fire Marshal Mike McGee.

The fire at 2665 Larkspur Lane broke out around 2:44 a.m. Saturday morning and was discovered by one of the duplex home’s tenants that was sleeping on the couch. McGee said the fire was caused by an overheated fireplace.

Crews from Vail, Eagle River Fire Protection District, Vail Police Department and Eagle County Ambulance District all responded to the fire that destroyed the entire upstairs of the home. Firefighters had to shore up two walls to keep them from collapsing, Mcgee said.



McGee said the eight tenants of the house have all found places to stay with friends.


Support Local Journalism