ECO Transit seeks input on winter schedule
EAGLE COUNTY — ECO Transit will transition to its winter schedule beginning Nov. 24. The schedule will be in effect until March 29, and a draft is now available for review at http://www.eaglecounty.us/transit, at the Vail Transportation Center, and on all ECO buses.
Proposed changes to the winter schedule include:
• Introduction of an hourly express service from Eagle with connections to Edwards, Avon and Vail.
• Hourly service between Eagle and Gypsum.
• Reintroduction of 1 a.m. service from the Vail Transportation Center.
• Reintroduction of hourly express service between Vail and Beaver Creek during peak hours.
• Increased service on U.S. Highway 6 during mid-day every half hour.
ECO Transit will host two meetings on Sept. 23 to gather feedback on the draft schedule. The first is set for 11:30 a.m. at the Avon Public Library, located at 200 Benchmark Rd. in Avon. The second will take place at 5:30 p.m. at the ECO Transit Maintenance Service Center, located at 3289 Cooley Mesa Rd. in Gypsum.
Questions or comments on the schedules can be directed to ECO Transit Operations Manager Jeff Wetzel at 970-328-3557 or at email@example.com. Comments will be collected through Oct. 1.