Edwards man dies in fireworks accident | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Edwards man dies in fireworks accident

J.K. Perry

EDWARDS ” A 40-year-old Edwards man died after he was hit in the chest by a firecracker he and his friends ignited at his home in Brett Ranch Thursday, authorities said.

Brett Guthrie, who died Thursday night after emergency surgery, was holding the tube in which the firecracker was lit by a friend. As Guthrie tried to put the tube on the ground, the firecracker ignited and hit him the chest, the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office said.

Neighbors reported hearing a loud explosion Thursday afternoon coming from the area where they said Guthrie lived, though an exact address could not be determined Friday.



Paramedics who responded could not rescucitate Guthrie and he was pronounced dead at Vail Valley Medical Center. Authorities released no further details about Guthrie, but said this was the first fireworks-related death in Eagle County.

Vail, Colorado


Support Local Journalism