Edwards men died of carbon-monoxide poisoning | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Edwards men died of carbon-monoxide poisoning

J.K. Perry

EDWARDS ” Two men found frozen Sunday while parked in an Edwards garage died of carbon-monoxide poisoning, Eagle County Coroner Kara Bettis said.

Police suspect Hugo Rosendo Rey Velazquez, 21, and Ever Bernadac, 31, died Friday night drinking beer in a running car at Lake Creek Apartments, where Bernadac lived.

Both had been missing for two days before they were found Sunday by the landlord in the landlord’s car, McWilliam said.



The two Edwards residents from Mexico were frozen, officials said.

Cocaine was found in both Velazquez’s and Bernadac’s bodies, but the drug did not contribute to their deaths, Bettis said.



Investigators had difficulty identifying the victims, who carried fake identification, McWilliam said. Relatives later proved their identity, he added.

McWilliam said he has seen people committ suicide by turning on a car in an enclosed garage, but never someone who died accidentally under such circumstances.

Staff Writer J.K. Perry can be reached at 949-0555, ext. 14622, or jkperry@vaildaily.com.



Vail, Colrado


Support Local Journalism