Edwards’ Slifer Designs hosts a ‘Green Your Home’ evently
Edwards CO, Colorado
EDWARDS, Colorado ” The celebration of Slifer Designs 25th anniversary continues, and this month’s event is featuring ways to green your home. This is not about the color green, but rather how to incorporate eco-friendly materials into your home in order to make healthier environment in which to live.
The Slifer Designs Green Team is leading this effort and has invited several local and national companies to join in the event:
– Heartwood Custom Woodworks specializes in ecologically sourced custom woodwork – floors, case goods and even cocktail tables made from pine beetle kill. They also use locally-sourced aspen bark on cabinet doors.
– The Paint Bucket specializes in paints and finishes and will have samples of odorless and zero-VOC Natura and Aura paint by Benjamin Moore, a leader in this market.
– Designer Building Solutions will feature several green products including countertops made from 100 percent recycled glass and concrete, and colorful linoleum panel floors you can install yourself.
– King Systems brings 16 LEED points to any project that uses their Crestron Green Light technology, which controls and conserves energy and lowers costs by combining automated dimming and daylight harvesting with power switching and load shedding.
– Vanguard, a nationally renowned furniture manufacturer, will feature The Planet line and their soy-based stuffed cushions and reclaimed metal coils.
According to the National Green Building Conference, “the residential green building market is expected to at least double in the next five years.”
Open to the public and free of charge, “Green Your Home” takes place Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Slifer Designs showroom. Call 970-766-8061 or e-mail email@example.com to RSVP. The Slifer Designs showroom is located next door to Starbucks in the Riverwalk at Edwards.
What: Slifer Designs “Green Your Home”
Where: The Slifer Designs showroom, next door to Starbucks in the Riverwalk at Edwards
When: 5 to 7 p.m., Wednesday
More information: Call 970-766-8061 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP