Elway’s in Vail hosts Duckhorn wine dinner
Elway’s has a special plan in store for Saturday evening, pairing a five-course menu with fine wines from the popular Duckhorn Vineyards of California.
“Duckhorn makes great steakhouse wines,” said Elway’s Sommelier Jim Lay. “Duckhorn wines are great for pairings and they have a large variety of wines. Additionally, they are a very popular and a lot of people order them, especially the merlots and cabernets, in our restaurant.”
The Duckhorn Wine Dinner at Elway’s is planned for Saturday. Appetizers and wine will begin at 6:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. The price is $95 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
With the Duckhorn label as inspiration, Elway’s Chef Shawn Cubberly created a special pairing menu featuring:
• Passed appetizers – roasted beets, homemade ricotta spoons with 2010 Decoy Sonoma County Chardonnay.
• First course – seared scallop with celery root puree with 2010 Duckhorn Vineyard Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc.
• Second course – pan-seared duck breast, cauliflower gratin, mache-radish salad, duck jus with 2009 Migration Anderson Valley Pinot Noir.
• Third course – Veal osso bucco, creamy polenta, braised pearl onions with 2009 Duckhorn Vineyards Napa Valley Merlot.
• Fourth course – chocolate mousse stuffed figs dipped in chocolate, goat cheese ice cream with 2009 Paraduxx Z Blend Napa Valley Red Wine.
Reservations for the Duckhorn Wine Dinner at Elway’s can be made by contacting Jim Lay at 970-390-9772.