Fire causes explosion in downtown Durango | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fire causes explosion in downtown Durango

DURANGO, Colorado ” An explosion has blown out the fronts of three businesses after a fire in a downtown Durango restaurant. At least three firefighters are injured.

The fire was reported at 1:40 p.m. Friday.

The three injured firefighters have been taken away on gurneys, but the nature and extent of their injuries aren’t yet known.

Smoke and flames were visible on the roof of the Seasons Restaurant. The front of the restaurant and two other businesses blew out about 40 minutes later.

The Durango Herald is reporting that at least one firefighter was blown into the air and landed on the edge of the restaurant’s roof.

The fire apparently started in the kitchen of the restaurant and spread to adjacent businesses.


Support Local Journalism


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


Trending - News


See more