First Descents Ball to be held at Ritz-Carlton in Valley
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL VALLEY, Colorado- First Descents will kick off its 2010 camp programs with the fourth annual ball at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch on March 27 in Colorado’s Vail Valley
The “hat party” will include dinner by Wolfgang Puck Spago, dancing, and live and silent auctions to benefit First Descents. The organization, which recently moved headquarters to Boulder, will host 15 adventure programs in five months this year – its most ambitious schedule to date.
The event starts at 5 p.m.
“We will always consider Vail our home,” said founder Brad Ludden. “To ensure that the community remains an integral part of the organization, we have decided to host over half of our kayaking camps in Vail this year.”
In addition to five kayaking-focused camps held locally, the non-profit will introduce five climbing-focused camps in Estes Park and Moab, Utah.
“A major component of our expansion plan is the addition of more climbing and mountaineering camps,” said Executive Director Brendan Synnott. “We’d like to continue diversifying our programs to provide support for the 70,000 young adults diagnosed with cancer every year.”
For more information on First Descents, call Chelsey Northern at Giant Noise at (646) 454-9711.
For details on The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch and its dedication to community outreach, please contact public relations coordinator Jackie Randell at (970) 343-1023.
Single tickets are available for $150. Tickets for past First Descents participants are available for $75. Tables for 10 and sponsorships are available for $2,500. To purchase tickets, visit: http://2010firstdescentsball.eventbrite.com/
The 2010 First Descents camp program schedule:
Now accepting applications:
• Moab, Utah (climbing): April 18-23.
• White Salmon, Wash. (kayaking): June 16-22.
• White Salmon, Wash. (kayaking): June 24-30.
• Kalispell, Mont. (kayaking): July 4-10.
• Kalispell, Mont. (kayaking): July 11-17.
• Kalispell, Mont. (kayaking): July 18-24.
Accepting applications beginning Feb. 15:
• Vail (kayaking): July 18-24.
• Vail (kayaking): July 25-31.
• Vail (kayaking): Aug. 8-14.
• Vail (kayaking): Aug. 15-21.
• Vail (kayaking): Aug. 29-Sept. 4.
Accepting applications beginning March 15:
• Estes Park (climbing): Aug. 29-Sept. 3.
• Estes Park (climbing): Sept. 12-17.
• Estes Park (climbing): Sept. 19-24.
• Estes Park (climbing): Sept. 26-Oct. 1.