Horse expo in Eagle next weekend
Vail, CO Colorado
EAGLE, Colorado ” Crowds of horsemen and women will converge on Eagle May 30 through June 1 for the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo event.
The combination also attracts vendors with goods and services especially suited to horse enthusiasts along with demonstrations, competitions and working ranch rodeo events.
Craig Cameron returns to host the dynamic Extreme Cowboy Race, a timed and judged obstacle race held in a grassy park beside the river. Familiar to RFD-TV viewers, this is the event of choice for excellent horsemanship, and it’s always a crowd favorite.
Saturday night, the cattle pens will be full and the rough stock ready for another audience pleaser: The second Annual Vail/Eagle Valley Championship WRCA Ranch Rodeo. Cowboy teams from working ranches throughout the west ride hard in friendly rivalry for top prizes from sponsors such as 5-Star Cattle Systems, BMJ Fine Arts and Roaring Fork Valley Coop. Rodeo events mimic ranch jobs like stray gathering, ranch sorting and bronc riding.
A fine slate of clinicians and speakers will also appeal to eager horse enthusiasts including:
– Craig Cameron ” Presentations per day plus bonus “Friday Evening with Craig Cameron”
– Julie Goodnight ” Communicating clearly with horse and rider
– Debbie Bibb ” Obstacles made easy
– Jason Patrick ” Translating natural horsemanship to practical performance Dennis Pennington gaited horses
– Mike Ross ” Natural horsemanship with young horses
– Rich Scott ” Vision of unity horsemanship
– Dr. John Harris ” Equine lameness
– Dr. Laurie Goodrich ” Management strategies for equine soundness
– Dr. Penny Lloyd ” Mind-body medicine
– Kathie Riley ” President, Colorado Horse Council
– Lyn Walker ” Lynwood Equine
The Vail/Eagle Valley Rocky Mountain Horse Expo will also offer private treaty horse sales allowing buyers to see and try horses at any time during the three-day event. Breed, stallion and mare presentations run twice daily offering an opportunity for visitors to learn about unfamiliar breeds and enjoy favorites in action.
Rocky Mountain Horse Expo tickets are $15 at the gate or $25 for a combination expo/ranch rodeo ticket.
Rocky Mountain Farm Pro has added value to the admission price, with four door prizes every horse rancher will want: Ultimate 4-foot Purple Drag-N-Harrow, Bucket Solutions Clamp-on Pallet Forks, Arena Comb/Manure Buster, and Ride-N-Tie Overhead Horse Tie.
For more information about the event visit RockyMountainHorseExpo.com or call (303) 292-4981.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Case numbers for COVID-19 are rising in Eagle County, and just about everywhere else. To save the new ski season, Vail officials are taking new measures to slow the spread, limiting virtually all gatherings to…