Hospital plan now online
This story has been corrected to reflect changes in the review schedule.
VAIL — The final draft of Vail Valley Medical Center’s Master Facility Plan has been submitted to the town of Vail and is available under Documents & Resources at http://www.vvmc.com/build. Originally submitted in August 2014, the latest version has been modified to address enhancements that have developed from feedback from the town, neighbors and the greater community.
According to a release from the medical center, the plan is intended to serve as the facility’s road map for enhancing healthcare for the valley while making physical improvements for the community.
According to the release, benefits include:
• An updated, highly-functional hospital that is easy to access and navigate.
• A new, state-of-the-art emergency department.
• More privacy for patients through a new patient care unit and intensive care unit.
• A relocated helipad on the medical center campus with direct access to the hospital.
• Appropriate medical office space on campus for physician groups.
• Improved convenience and access with increased parking capacity, including covered parking.
• Removal of 1,400 daily vehicle trips from West Meadow Drive by creating a new main entrance to the medical center from South Frontage Road.
• A new concealed loading zone with an on-site manager to minimize impact to residents and pedestrians.
Here’s the review and hearing schedule for the next few weeks:
Monday: Planning and Environmental Commission final recommendation on the plan to the Vail Town Council.
Feb. 3: Presentation of the “road map” for the town’s review of the Master Facility Plan, presentation of the proposed plan by VVMC, summary of the planning commission recommendation by the town staff.
Feb. 17: Vail Town Council — helipad location and design.
March 3: Town council — Parking, build masses/architecture, West Meadow Drive/streetscape, employee housing, Middle Creek, procedural considerations, traffic circulation, loading/delivery service, land exchange considerations.
March 10: Updated final draft version of the plan to the town’s website for public review.
March 17: Town council: Request for final decision.
A new Hallmark Channel movie set in Vail, starring Lacey Chabert of “Mean Girls,” will make its debut on Saturday, Jan. 4 at 9 p.m. EST.