La Tour co-hosts wine dinner with Hirsch Vineyards
If you go …
What: Wine Dinner hosted by Jasmine Hirsch.
When: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 15.
Where: La Tour Restaurant & Bar, 122 E Meadow Drive, Vail.
Cost: Four-course dinner with wine pairings is $125.
More information: Call 970-476-4403 for reservations.
Hirsch Vineyards wine dinner
• First course: Maine lobster and heirloom tomato gazpacho with cucumber, roasted red pepper and toasted cumin, paired with 2013 Hirsch Estate Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast.
• Second course: Red wine-poached California halibut with beluga lentils, buttered ramps, peppercress and buerre rouge, paired with 2013 Hirsch San Andreas Fault Estate Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast.
• Third course: Morel mushroom and duck raviolo with English peas, tarragon and roasted duck jus, paired with 2013 Hirsch Block 8 Estate Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast.
• Fourth course: Herbs de provence-crusted lamb loin with Lyonnaise potatoes, haricots verts and Picholine olive sauce, paired with 2013 Hirsch Reserve Estate Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast.
• Madeleines and chocolate truffles.
VAIL — Jasmine Hirsch, general manager of Hirsch Vineyards, will host a food and wine experience today at La Tour Restaurant & Bar in Vail.
The event features a four-course meal paired with award-winning chardonnay and pinot noir.
“Having Hirsch Winery at La Tour Restaurant is an extremely exciting and rare opportunity to taste and experience California winemaking and La Tour Restaurant’s food at their best,” said Ian Gray, La Tour beverage director.
THE VINEYARD’S BEGINNINGS
Hirsch Vineyards is recognized as one of the premier sites for pinot noir. David Hirsch planted his vineyard overlooking the Pacific Ocean in 1980, making it the oldest premium pinot vineyard on the True Sonoma Coast. Since then, it has become one of the most sought-after sources for pinot noir grapes in California, providing fruit to Littorai, Williams Selyem, Kistler and many others.
In 2002, Hirsch began producing its own estate pinot noir and chardonnays from this complex, cool-weather site. These are wines of balance, concentration, complexity and site-specificity.
ABOUT JASMINE HIRSCH
Jasmine Hirsch was born and raised in Northern California. She and her sister Jessica were baptized in champagne by their wine-loving parents, David and Rebecca Hirsch, and they spent their childhoods at Hirsch Vineyards. After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, Jasmine spent five years living in Europe followed by two years in New York at JP Morgan Private Bank.
She took over sales and marketing at Hirsch in 2008. She is involved in all aspects of wine production, and since 2015, she is fully responsible for Hirsch Winery’s operations, sales and management.
The four-course dinner and wine pairing costs $125, and reservations are recommended. Call La Tour at 970-476-4403 to make reservations.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User