Leadville schools off watch list
DENVER, Colorado ” The state’s education commissioner says six school districts have improved enough to be removed from an academic watch list.
The largest is the Greeley-Evans district, with 18,000 students.
The others are:
– Branson District, in Las Animas County.
– Dolores County District, in Dove Creek.
– Florence District, in Fremont County.
– Lake County District, in Leadville.
– Weld County District 8, in Fort Lupton.
Education Commissioner Dwight Jones says nine districts remain on the watch list. Three districts others are on probation, a more serious status.
The Miami-Yoder District has been upgraded to academic watch. It had been on probation.