LeAnn Rimes, Clint Black, Bill Bryson and more added to Vilar Center winter lineup
With the exception of Jennifer Nettles and Next Women of Country (on sale Monday, Nov. 30), tickets to all shows listed are now available for purchase. To learn more about the Vilar Performing Arts Center winter season and to purchase tickets, call the VPAC Box Office at 970-845-8497 or visit www.vilarpac.org.
BEAVER CREEK — The Vilar Performing Arts Center recently added 15 shows to its winter lineup, which will run December through April and include headliners LeAnn Rimes, Jennifer Nettles, Clint Black, Indigo Girls, Lyle Lovett & Robert Earl Keen and many more.
Beyond the eye-catching concerts, this second roll out of performances contains a few family-friendly shows, as well as a couple of unique offerings, such as the chance to see best-selling author Bill Bryson. New performances added to the Vilar’s 2015-16 season include:
• 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 9: Seth Glier is a Grammy-nominated writer, singer-songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist.
• 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14: Everyone Orchestra is a uniquely collaborative music performance unlike anything you may have seen before.
• 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 10: Yellowjackets have been a driving force in the world of jazz music for 34 years and have received 17 Grammy nominations.
• 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13: CMT presents Jennifer Nettles with the 2016 Next Women of Country Tour, with tBrandy Clark and special guests Lindsay Ell and Tara Thompson. Nettles is one half of country sensation Sugarland.
• 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17: Bill Bryson is the hilarious, best-selling author of “A Walk in the Woods,” “The Lost Continent,” “In a Sunburned Country” and many more.
• 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 21: American singer-songwriter Aoife O’Donovan is inspired by folk and bluegrass favorites, including artists such as Joan Baez and Bob Dylan. O’Donovan has been a frequent guest on “A Prairie Home Companion” and has appeared with some of the most talented musicians of our time, including Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Myer, Chris Thile and many others.
• 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 27: With 44 million albums sold, two Grammy Awards, three Academy of Country Music Awards and 12 Billboard Music Awards, LeAnn Rimes has made her mark in the world of music. Unstoppable from the age of 11, Rimes was the youngest person to ever win a Grammy Award and was the first country artist to win the Best New Artist Grammy.
• 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 14: Texas gentlemen and legends Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen join forces for this dynamic performance, with elements of Americana, swing, jazz, folk, gospel and blues.
• 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 16: “Sing Along with the Muppets Movie” is a participatory film experience, where the crew brings elements of the films to life for the audience via puppetry, kiting and shadow acting.
• 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 18 : Prolific singer-songwriter and guitarist Clint Black has long been heralded as one of country music’s brightest stars and makes a much anticipated and requested return to the Vilar.
• 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 23: With unpredictable thrills, side-splitting comedy and daredevil stunts, the Circo Comedia duo performs their distinctive style of humor, acrobatic tricks, magic and eccentricity.
• 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 30, and Thursday, March 31: Adam Trent is the star of the Broadway hit show “The Illusionists” and the No. 1 selling magic show in the world.
• 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 1: Exuding the irresistible rapport of a modern day Rat Pack, Under the Streetlamp, with recent leading cast members of the Tony Award-winning musical “Jersey Boys,” promises an evening of electrifying classic hits. The audience will hear doo-wop, Motown and old-time rock ’n’ roll, including favorite songs from The Drifters, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons and more.
• 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 2: Grammy-winning folk duo Indigo Girls will feature their latest recording and 16th studio album, “One Lost Day.”
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 5: In a special concert, Rita Wilson — actress, singer and producer who has also performed on Broadway — will sing some of her favorite songs, including “Angel of the Morning,” “Please Come to Boston” and “Baby, I’m Yours.”
Vail Health CEO cites Lindley’s passion, enthusiasm and dedication