Letters: Eagle Co. superintendent search open to all
Vail CO, Colorado
As a point of clarification, Eagle County Schools is committed to incorporating the ideas and opinions of all taxpayers and community members in Eagle County during the superintendent search process. Matt Terrell wrote an excellent article on Dec. 23, 2007, detailing the first portion of the search process, entitled “Eagle Co. schools want your help picking leader: Search for a new superintendent will start with a series of community focus groups.” This article can be accessed on the Vail Daily Web site at the following link:
To reiterate, times and locations for the Superintendent search focus groups are as follows:
January 8 ” West End
All meetings will be held at the district office in Eagle
– 9 a.m.: Transportation, maintenance, food service
– 1 p.m.: Ad team
– 4 p.m.: Certified and classified staff
– 7 p.m.: Parent group
January 9 ” East End
– 9 a.m. at Avon Elementary School: Transportation, maintenance, food service
– 1 p.m. at Avon Elementary School: Parents of special education students, parents of gifted and talented students and district advisory accountability committee members
– 4 p.m. at Battle Mountain High School: Certified and classified staff
– 7 p.m. at Battle Mountain High School: Parent group
Community members are invited to attend either parent group evening session at the east or west ends. As outlined in the aforementioned, this process was designed to involve everyone in the community in order to ensure we move forward with an individual that will best serve Eagle County Schools.
Director of Communications
Eagle County Schools
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User