Letters to the editor | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Letters to the editor

A.J. Johnson

I know there are a number of people out there that have been really fortunate this year and in their hearts want to give something back. And, with all the organizations asking, to whom should you give to? Well, there is an organization that helps the less fortunate people who may need assistance such as emergency care, shelter and food or are stranded and need aid to reach their destinations. An organization that has provided help to thousands of people all over the world since the early 1800s. An organization committed to providing the needs of kids and families locally. An organization doing the most good in sending the message that people really do care and that there is hope. Be very generous this season when you make the decision that the Salvation Army is a sure bet in helping others. You can feel comfortable that 90 percent of the funds raised will stay in Eagle County to help local needs. The other 10 percent will go to the national headquarters to assist people in need around the world. So you get to help out both ways and that’s really a good thing. I urge you to be compassionate when giving ñ there are many who will benefit from your help and the Salvation Army is your way to give something back – to know and feel the spirit of giving and being part of an army that gives hope and encouragement to those in need. Call Tsu at 926-3704 with your gift of help.A.J. JohnsonEdwardsProud of coverageWhile I have read with interest and some humor the frequent ramblings of Otto Wiest about what is right and wrong with the Vail Valley, I must now take exception to his recent criticism of local TV. As most of you know, TV8 is celebrating our 15th anniversary this year and we have extensively covered every World Cup race in Vail and Beaver Creek during that time. We enthusiastically promote the event in the month leading up to the races, we cover each and every event on the hill, broadcast those reports the following morning as well as throughout the year, and then always report the successes and failures of the U.S. team during the entire winter season. We celebrated the success of Lindsey Kildow and Caroline Lalive on the Sunday edition of “Good Morning Vail” just this week. We are the largest and most successful resort television station in the country, and I stand behind our product, our people, and most of all our professionalism in delivering the messages of these two world-class resorts to our guests and locals alike. We take pride in meeting the needs of our viewers, but we are always available to discuss different ways we can satisfy their television desires. Provided of course, it is not at odds with our business model. We look forward to another 15 years in our new state-of-the-art TV8 Media Center, and we invite everyone to tour the facility. Craig Struve Vail, Colorado


Support Local Journalism