Living at Your Peak set for Sept. 13-15
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – Health enthusiasts from around the country will gather to network with marathon legends, cycling champions, renowned medical researchers and the nation’s leading health and fitness experts at Living at Your Peak. The inaugural event will be held Sept. 13 to 15, in Vail. The wellness summit is the nation’s only gathering designed to help health-conscious individuals and influencers discover how to live longer and better and impact the well-being of their world.
Tennis legend Martina Navratilova is the event’s keynote speaker.
“You don’t need to be an elite athlete to be dedicated to wellness; anyone – at any age – can make a commitment to be fit and healthy,” Navratilova said. “As AARP’s Health and Fitness Ambassador, I have dedicated my time to helping those of us who are 50-plus learn to lead healthy, active lives, and I am thrilled to be part of an event that is focused on teaching everyone health, fitness and longevity – from elite athletes to weekend warriors to individuals just beginning their journey to
Navratilova is widely considered to be the greatest female tennis player in the history of the sport. Over the course of a career that spanned an amazing four decades, she amassed an unmatched number of professional records. She won 59 grand-slam titles, including a record nine Wimbledon singles championships. Still in phenomenal shape on the verge of 50, she became the oldest player to ever win a grand-slam title before retiring in 2006.
“Living at Your Peak is designed to promote lifelong health and fitness through customized experiences in an intimate setting,” said Jamie Stone, Living at Your Peak event champion and a board member of the Vail Symposium, the nonprofit organization behind the event. “With exclusive access to proven experts and peak performers in the fields of fitness, nutrition, cognitive and emotional health, medicine and cutting-edge research, our visitors will gain valuable insight into the changes they can make in their daily lives that will affect their future health.”
Jenna Wolfe, co-anchor of NBC News’ Sunday Today show, will emcee the event, which is intended for individuals who are interested in learning how to maximize their health, as well as corporate, nonprofit and government leaders. The summit offers visitors access to accomplished world champions; internationally recognized trainers, coaches, researchers and doctors; top chefs, nutritionists and world-class restaurants; and peer-networking opportunities.
Among others, confirmed presenters include:
• Ellen Miller, coach of the U.S. Olympic women’s running team, Mount Everest climber and adventure
• C. Noel Bairey Merz, M.D., director of the Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai, trailblazer and leader in preventive heart health.
• James Hill, Ph.D., executive director of the Anschutz Center for Health and Wellness, leading expert and author on nutrition.
• Scott Small, M.D., professor of neurology, Columbia Neuroscience, nationally renowned expert on brain health.
Additional presenters can be viewed at http://www.livingatyourpeak.org.
Living at Your Peak sessions will offer interactive components to engage visitors beyond a traditional presentation environment. Session themes include:
• Health: Visitors will better understand their own health through preventive health checks, learn what causes injuries during an interactive session at the nation’s leading orthopedics laboratory and master healthy-eating practices with top nutritionists and chefs.
• Fitness: Visitors can bike, hike and golf with world-class athletes and discuss the physical and psychological aspects of training with leading fitness experts.
• Longevity: Visitors will learn how to extend their physical well-being with wellness, cardiac and nutrition experts. They also will discover how to extend their mental acuity as they complete brain challenges and examine meditation’s physiological effects with leading researchers.
Visitors will complete a preattendance survey to create an individualized agenda and establish physical and mental goals to be addressed through specific programming. A personal concierge will manage visitors’ event needs, including session scheduling and weekend activities planning. Follow-up coaching, an interactive online community and a winter series will empower visitors to take home their Living at Your Peak experience and positively impact their personal
“We want Colorado to be the healthiest state in the nation because healthy living is a strong driver of economic and tourism well-being,” Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said. “Conferences like the Vail Symposium’s Living at Your Peak can move us in that direction through their commitment to physical, intellectual and emotional health and well-being.”
Living at Your Peak registration is $1,000 until June 30 and $1,200 beginning July 1 and includes priority access to event sessions, event coordination with an event concierge, exclusive access to VIP events and gourmet meals prepared by Vail’s internationally renowned chefs. Attendance is limited to 125. Spouse passes are $300 and include the two general sessions, the keynote and two dinners. Individual session tickets start at $35.
For more information about Living at Your Peak, visit http://www.livingat