Low-income rentals offered in Vail Valley
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL VALLEY, Colorado – As part of a new rental assistance program, Eagle County’s Valley Home Store will provide rental subsidies for 35 two- and three-bedroom apartments at Lake Creek Village in Edwards for Vail Valley families in need of affordable housing.
Rents for two-bedroom apartments within the program are $795 per month plus utilities; rates for three-bedroom apartments are $940 per month plus utilities.
The rates represent an up-to 40 percent discount on Lake Creek Village’s standard rents.
“The rental assistance program is in response to the growing number of families struggling with housing during times of financial hardship and economic challenges” said Alex Potente, Eagle County’s housing director. “We are striving to fulfill the basic human need for safe and sanitary living conditions for our fellow residents of Eagle County.”
Two-bedroom units are limited to households of two to four members and three-bedroom units are limited to those households with three to five members. In addition, applicants to the program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• At least one member of the household must hold full-time employment (30 hours/week) in Eagle County and must have maintained full-time employment for at least one year prior to application.
• Household income must fall between 30 and 50 percent of Eagle County’s median income. Household incomes between $23,000 and $36,000 qualify for two-bedroom units. Household incomes between $26,000 and $42,000 qualify for three-bedroom units.
• No member of the household may own real estate in Eagle County at the time of application.
• Tenants must agree to occupy units as their primary residence; subleasing is not permitted.
• Tenants must agree to a minimum of a one-year lease. Eligibility will be reviewed annually.
• Damage deposits will apply, but flexible payment plans will be considered.
If demand dictates, household incomes, family size and length of employment in Eagle County will be used to prioritize eligible households. Applications can be requested from the following locations:
Valley Home Store, Tori Franks
25 Mill Loft Street, Suite 200 in Edwards
970-328-8775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vail Church, Shawna Lacewell
39209 Hwy 6 in Avon
970-949-6585 or Shawna@thevailchurch.com
Polar Star Properties, Jerry Oliver
10 Stonebridge Drive in Avon
970-949-9417 or LCVRAP@polarstarproperties.com
Gracious Savior Lutheran Church, Pastor Jason Haynes
31621 Hwy 6 in Edwards
970-926-6585 or email@example.com
Salvation Army, Tsu Wolin-Brown
90 Lariat Loop in Edwards
970-926-3704 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vail Valley Cares, Greg Osteen
Thrifty Shoppe in Edwards and Eagle
All applications will be reviewed Lake Creek Village Apartments staff. For more information, contact the Valley Home Store at 970-328-8782.