Grand County commissioners to hear marijuana permit request
July 1, 2016
The Grand County commissioners will conduct a public hearing regarding a special use permit for a marijuana cultivation facility near Granby.
The board will consider the application on Tuesday, July 22, in the Grand County Administration Building in Hot Sulphur Springs.
The Grand County Planning Commission denied a special use permit for the same applicant, Kevin Speier, during its July 9 meeting.
Speier had applied for a special use permit to grow recreational marijuana in the former Mountain Parks Electric warehouse building north of the intersection of U.S. Highway 40 and U.S. Highway 34.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts issues statement on mountain ‘smoke shacks’
- Vail, Beaver Creek hotel concierge services assisting with pot-related questions
- Legal pot: Problem or panacea? Is Colorado, The Centennial State, becoming The Stoner State?
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019