Moe’s BBQ vendor booth burns in early morning fire | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Moe’s BBQ vendor booth burns in early morning fire

Daily Staff Report
Photo courtesy of Avon Police Dept.Moe's BBQ vendor booth at the Beaver Creek Rodeo grounds on fire this morning at around 6:30.
ALL |

AVON — Eagle River Fire Protection District was dispatched on a reported grass fire near the Beaver Creek Rodeo grounds located on Chapel Place, east of the Chapel Square Complex at approximately 6:25 a.m. Friday morning after a passer-by called 911.

Upon arrival firefighters found Moe’s BBQ vendor booth/mobile trailer fully engulfed in fire inside the Beaver Creek Rodeo grounds. Firefighters initially protected neighboring vendors to prevent the spread of flames. Firefighters then began fire suppression of the booth that was on fire.

The fire was quickly extinguished and contained within minutes of arriving on the scene. The owners of the trailer responded to the scene and determined that it was almost a total loss.



Firefighters at the scene also had to extinguish burning wood chips surrounding the trailer to prevent the fire from spreading.

The cause of the fire is believed to be a container of wood ashes not fully extinguished from Thursday evening’s rodeo. Arson is not a factor in this fire.



No injuries were reported with two apparatus and eight firefighters responding to the incident.

Vail Colorado


Support Local Journalism