Mountain Lotus offers yoga challenge
Vail CO, Colorado
VAIL ” Mountain Lotus at the Vail Athletic Club challenges students to recommit to their practice and explore by committing to 31 classes in 31 days.
Many spiritual paths have a traditional period of contemplation and recommitment to practice as a community. The idea of the yoga challenge is to explore commitment, consistency, curiosity, connection, community and transformation.
“In 31 days a lot can change ” with yoga those changes might include getting stronger, more flexible, improved sleep and digestion, uplifted moods and more,” said Mountain Lotus studio director Kelly Heath. “Who knows? Maybe for you just making a commitment and keeping it could be a big change! Whatever we think might happen, after 31 days of the Mountain Lotus yoga Challenge, we will all be surprised and learn a lot … about yoga and about ourselves.”
1. Register by Oct. 15 to reserve space. Joining the challenge is free for members but studio employees want to know who’s on the team.
2. Come to a yoga asana class every day for 31 days Oct. 15 through Nov. 15.
3. Find out what happens …
Challengers will also receive:
1) The Challenge team will have three gatherings. We will provide healthy drinks and goodies. Dates will be determined soon.
2) Participants on track half way through the Challenge will receive 25 percent off one retail selection from the shop.
3) Challengers also get 15 percent off their next yoga workshop with Jeanie Manchester.
Nov. 15 ” 9 a.m. to noon – Hanumanasana in all its forms.
Nov. 15 ” 2 to 5 p.m. – Inversions and pranayama.
Nov. 16 ” 9 a.m. to noon – Arm balancing and backbends.
Cost for the workshop is $150 by Nov. 5, $165 thereafter; $60 per class drop in rate.
Signing up for the challenge is free if you are a Mountain Lotus and/or VAC member. If you’re not a member, but would like to take the challenge, the cost is $150. The challenge is open to all levels. Register for the practice at Mountain Lotus by calling 970-476-7960 or stopping by the front desk.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User