National Night Out events announced for locations around Vail Valley
EAGLE COUNTY — On the evening of Tuesday, Aug. 1, deputies with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office and police officers with the towns of Vail, Avon, Eagle and Basalt police departments will be hosting annual National Night Out 2017 events at various locations throughout Eagle County.
• Vail — The Town of Vail Police and community partners will host a free barbeque at Stephens Park in West Vail from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Eagle-Vail — The community of Eagle-Vail and the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office will serve up free food from Whiskey Hill Grill, drinks, Sundae Ice Cream, activities, music and more at the Eagle-Vail Pavilion from 5 to 8 p.m.. The Colorado State Patrol, Eagle County Ambulance, Eagle River Fire and the Eagle River Youth Coalition also will be in attendance.
• Avon — The Town of Avon Police and neighborhood communities will host concurrent events from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Aspens Community Park, 901 W. Beaver Creek Blvd.; O’Neal Spur Park in Wildridge, 2799 Old Trail Road; Eaglebend Apartments, 10 Stonebridge Drive; and the Avon Elementary School soccer field, 850 W. Beaver Creek Blvd.
• Eagle — The Town of Eagle Police and Eagle County Sheriff’s Office are hosting free food from Expert Burger, Moe’s Original Bar B Que treats, drinks, dunk tank, bounce house, music and more at Brush Creek Pavilion and Park from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Eagle Ambulance, Greater Eagle Fire, Colorado Division of Wildlife, Vail Valley Medical Center, Eagle River Youth Coalition and Classic Air Medical also will be in attendance.
• Basalt — The Town of Basalt Police, Basalt & Rural Fire Protection District and Eagle County Sheriff’s Office will host a free barbecue and drinks from the Basalt Lions Club, music, bounce house and activities at Triangle Park at Willits from 5 to 8 p.m.
National Night Out is a national community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie in an effort to make neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. Learn more at natw.org.