New films announced for Blue Starlite pop-up drive-in, coming to Minturn
Get a season pass
To celebrate its new location in Minturn, Blue Starlite is offering a limited number of season passes to the pop-up drive-in theater at Little Beach Park. Passes are $45, plus a $2 handling fee, and include one general admission ticket to walk into all movie nights, both early and late shows, half-price popcorn and soda and half-price Blue Starlite T-shirts. Learn more and purchase passes at http://www.bluestarlitedrivein.com.
MINTURN — Blue Starlite Drive-In will pop up this summer in Minturn at Little Beach Park, with space to accommodate 40 cars, which can tune into the film on their FM radios, as well as a sitting area enveloped by the mountains for film fans to set up their picnic blankets and watch movies beneath the stars.
The drive-in will feature Blue Starlite’s ’50s-friendly customer service, a traditional concessions stand and campfire-roasted s’mores, as well as offer food options from some of Minturn’s proprietors.
“We are thrilled to be bringing the Blue Starlite experience to Colorado for the first time,” said Josh Frank, owner of Blue Starlite. “We have been working for the last two years to make this possible, and the business is finally in a place where we can do it right.
“Minturn is the perfect location to create a one-of-a-kind drive-in experience like no other we have created before.”
Kicking the season off on Wednesday, July 6, Blue Starlite will have a soft opening hosted by Avon Mayor Pro Tem Jake Wolf, with the classic Clint Eastwood spaghetti western “A Fistful of Dollars.” Special drink offers from Vail Brewing Co. will be for sale at the Apres Drive-In party at the Minturn Saloon, which was patronized by Eastwood himself.
Additional summer programming features movie favorites ranging from indie films to cult classics to drive-in favorites. Promoters recently announced the second wave of screenings that will be featured on the drive-in’s custom, 30-foot pop-up screen, with films running through Aug. 13.
Films begin at 8:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted. Start times and schedule are subject to change; visit http://www.bluestarlitedrivein.com for the most up-to-date listings and to purchase advance tickets.
• July 6 — Soft opening: “A Fistful of Dollars,” with Apres Drive-In party at the Minturn Saloon
• July 8 — Grand opening: “Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark” and “The Goonies” (11 p.m.)
• July 9 — “Grease: The Sing-Along”
• July 13 — “Grease: The Sing-Along”
• July 15 — “The Princess Bride” and “Cabin in the Woods” (11 p.m.)
• July 16 — “The Goonies”
• July 22 — “The Princess Bride” and “The Evil Dead” (11 p.m.)
• July 23 — “Back to the Future”
• July 29 — “The Shining” and Cheech & Chong’s “Up in Smoke”
• July 30 — “Back to the Future,” parts I, II and III and campout (bring your own tent)
• Aug. 5 — “Wizard of Oz,” with Pink Floyd “Dark Side of the Moon” alternative soundtrack option, and Cheech & Chong’s “Up in Smoke” (11 p.m.)
• Aug. 6 — David Bowie at the drive-in tribute, with “Labyrinth” and special Best of Bowie pre-show
• Aug. 12 — “Casablanca,” “Wizard of Oz,” with Pink Floyd “Dark Side of the Moon” alternative soundtrack option, and Cheech & Chong’s “Up in Smoke”
• Aug. 13 — To be announced
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User