New ‘Flavors of Colorado’ fest coming to Avon in August
If you go ...
What: Flavors of Colorado festival.
When: Aug. 15-17.
More information: For more information, lodging packages, updates about the events scheduled and to reserve tickets to the Friday Farm to Chef’s Table dinner, visit www.flavorsofcolorado.com.
AVON — The inaugural Flavors of Colorado Festival combines Colorado-based restaurants, artists, musicians, craft beer and spirits to celebrate and discover all things Colorado. The weekend-long festival is August 15-17 in Avon.
The festival is full of fun, entertaining and educational events all tied back to local artisans and their craft. From food and drink tastings, live music, panel discussions, cooking demonstrations, an art showcase and activities for the kids, the Flavors of Colorado Festival offers something unique and interesting for everyone.
“We are thrilled to welcome the Flavors of Colorado Festival to Avon,” said Avon Mayor Rich Carroll. “Avon is proud to host an event that highlights and celebrates the local Colorado businesses, artists and farmers that make this great state such a vibrant and interesting place to live and visit.”
“Flavors of Colorado, invites everyone to enjoy the unique ‘flavors’ of these very talented individuals and businesses that call Colorado home,” said Jeff Brausch, founder and CEO of Highline, the event organizer. “Whether the artisans are chefs, musicians, craft brewers, spirit distillers or actual artists, this event is an opportunity to discover and celebrate Colorado’s finest in an engaging and exciting way.”
WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Food and beverage tasting: Patrons can enjoy the finest samples from Colorado chefs, restaurants, craft brewers and craft distillers. Taste their creations in the Nottingham Park throughout the weekend. Attendees will swap out tokens in exchange for a bite or sip of the different Colorado flavors.
• Farmer to Chef’s Table dinner: Start the festival with a four-course meal featuring some of Colorado’s finest culinary artists partnering with a local farmer, a craft brewer and a distiller. Tickets are limited and proceeds will benefit a local charity. Reserve your seat today at http://www.flavors ofcolorado.com.
• Live music performances: Enjoy live music from Colorado musicians throughout the day Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 16-17, with a headlining band Saturday evening.
• Panel Discussions with local chefs, farmers, artists, musicians, craft brewers and distillers: Learn from Colorado’s own experts as they discuss the art of their craft, the latest trends, challenges they face and more. Panel discussions will include “The Farmer and The Chef” — Local chefs and farmers will discuss hot culinary topics including the growth of organics, seed-to-table process, best practices and address day-to-day challenges; “The Backyard Farmer” — Learn how to become a successful backyard farmer, from tips and tricks to topics regarding gardening at altitude, proper planting and care and more; “The Artists and Their Craft” — Colorado’s own craft beer brewers and spirit distillers discuss the popularity and growth in small batch brewing and distilling as well as the strength of this craft in Colorado and the future of the industry; and “Artists for Arts” — Colorado’s own musicians and artists will talk about the challenges of keeping art thriving through today’s youth and how each of us can help keep the arts alive.
• Live cooking demos: Watch as chefs from around Colorado demonstrate great recipes and techniques that at-home cooks can apply for breakfast, lunch, dinner and entertaining.
• Art gallery showcase: Walk through the art galley showcase and browse the wide array of creative talent these local Colorado artists possess. Their art will not only be on display, but many artists will also be selling their art throughout the festival.
• Kids activities: Kids can discover their inner farmer and inner artist with plenty of educational and entertaining hands-on activities throughout the weekend that promote healthy living in a fun, interactive way.
Additionally, if you are a local artisan that is interested in participating in the Flavors of Colorado Festival, then contact Chris Dolan at Highline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-306-7131.
For more information, lodging packages, updates about the events scheduled and to reserve tickets to the Farm to Chef’s Table dinner, visit http://www.flavorsofcolorado.com and follow the event on social media.
Eagle County will host a Colorado Division of Housing meeting on Friday for mobile-home owners renting space in mobile home parks, park managers and owners, local government officials and any other parties interested in how best to implement the state’s new Mobile Home Park Act.